1. to find / finding
(1) I shall never forget ______ such a nice stamp years ago.
(2) Don’t forget ______ him and tell him about it tomorrow.
2. to play / playing
(1) After a short rest, they went on ______ the violin.
(2) After finishing their homework, they went on ______ the violin.
3. to accept / accepting
(1) Your silence means ______ my suggestion.
(2) I didn’t mean ______ your suggestion, but I’ll think it over carefully.
4. to do /doing
(1) You’d better try ______ the work in another way.
(2) We’ll try ______ the work well in this way.
1. He had his hair to be cut.
2. He likes to drink boiling water.
3. He looked tiring with cooking.
4. I couldn’t make myself understand.
5. The vacation was over, John returned to school.
6. The workman worn a hat is lying on the ground.
7. The little girl stood there cried.
8. Being fine, we’ll go outing today.
9. Seeing from the hill, our school looks more beautiful.
10. He felt excited when he saw the excited film.
11. The room faced south is our classroom.
12. His wish is buying a luxurious car in the near future.
13. The pupils will get confusing if they are made to learn too much.
14. She dreams to become a pilot.
15. All of us did nothing but listening to him quietly.
1. Seriously ______ (injure), he had to be taken to hospital.
2. ______ (fly) over the Channel, Allen saw the waves below.
3. ______ (see) the film twice, she did not want to go to the cinema.
4. ______ (hear) the death of his father, the girl burst into tears.
5. On ______ (hear) the news, he rushed out in a hurry, ______ (fall) flat on the ground.
6. Ladies, don’t talk while ______ (have) dinner.
7. Once ______ (lose) this chance, you can’t easily find it.
8. ______ (catch) in the heavy rain, he is wet to the skin.
9. The hunter walked slowly in the forest, ______ (follow) by his wolf-dog.
10. Deeply ______ (move) by the film, she couldn’t help crying even after the film.
11. ______ (give) more time, they would be able to complete the task better.
12. When ______ (ask) to make a speech, he said he would be glad to do so.
13. He will be imprisoned if ______ (catch) by the police.
14. ______ (judge) from his accent, he is an American.
15. Liu Xiang, the man ______ (excite) people all over China, was even more ______ (excite).
16. To everyone’s ______ (disappoint), he wasn’t able to win the game in the end.
17. Having a trip abroad is certainly good for the old couple, but it remains ______ (see) whether they will enjoy it.
18. The research is so designed that once ______ (begin) nothing can be done to change it.
19. Don’t use words, expressions, or phrases ______ (know) only to people with specific knowledge.
20. ______ (expose) to sunlight for too much time will do harm to one’s skin.
21. Prices of daily goods ______ (buy) through a computer can be lower than store prices.
22. In some parts of London, missing a bus means ______ (wait) for another one hour.
23. When ______ (complete), the museum will be open to the public next year.
24. With a lot of difficult problems ______ (settle), the newly-elected president is having a hard time.
25. I really appreciate ______ (have) time to relax with you on this nice island.
26. ______ (sleep) late in the morning, Bob turned off the alarm.
27. Sandy could do nothing but ______ (admit) to his teacher that he was wrong.
28. Mr. Reed made up his mind to devote all he had to ______ (help) set up a school for the poor children.
29. After my guests left I spent as much time as I could ______ (clean) the rooms.
30. He sent me an e-mail, ______ (hope) to get further information.
31. ______ (found) in 1636, Harvard University is one of the most famous universities in the United States.
32. The picture ______ (hang) on the wall is painted by my nephew.
33. Generally ______ (speak), he has done a good job.
34. I don’t understand your ______ (treat) her like that.
35. This box is light enough ______ (lift).
36. Can you persuade him ______ (change) his mind?
37. ______ (catch) the first bus, I got up very early.
38. ______ (tell) you the truth, I dislike him.
39. I prefer to take a bus rather than ______ (order) a taxi.
40. I am quite busy; I cannot help ______ (repair) your computer.
41. Though ______ (warn) not to drive after drinking, he wouldn’t listen.
42. I can’t make myself ______ (understand) in English.
43. We don’t allow ______ (swim) in this river.
44. Look! Your shoes need ______ (mend).
45. The typhoon lasted nearly three hours, ______ (cause) great damage to that area.
46. We haven’t decided when and where ______ (hold) the meeting.
47. When he was a boy, he used to go there and watch bicycles ______ (repair).
48. This dog, if ______ (train) properly, will make a good watchdog.
49. The thief fell to the ground, his feet broken and blood ______ (run) down from his mouth.
50. Seeing the big snake, the little girl stood under the tree ______ (frighten) out of life.
I am a reporter. These days we are reporting the meeting (1)______ (hold) in our city now. This morning the people (2)______ (attend) the meeting told me that the problems (3)______ (discuss) at the meeting yesterday was about environment and they were very important and the problems (4)______ (discuss) in the next few days had something to do with our everyday life.
I came here to spend my holidays. I wanted to see the sun (1)______ (rise) above the sea level. I watched the sun (2)______ (rise) yesterday. It was so beautiful! When I walked out of the hotel, I noticed a boy (3)______ (play) in the street. Soon after that I found him (4)______ (beat) by a big boy. So I told him (5)______ (stop) doing that. Then the big boy ran away. I called the police telling them I saw a boy (6)______ (beat) here. A few minutes later, the police came and took the boy home. Here, I advise parents (7)______ (not leave) kids alone in the street, especially at night.
I. 1. finding; to find 2. playing; to play 3. accepting; to accept 4. doing; to do
II. 1. to be cut 改成cut 2. boiling 改成boiled 3. tiring 改成tired 4. understand 改成understood 5. was 改成being 6. worn改成wearing 7. cried 改成crying 8. Being 改成It being 9. Seeing 改成Seen 10. 第二个excited 改成exciting 11. faced改成facing 12. buying改成to buy 13. confusing改成confused 14. to become改成of becoming 15. listening改成listen
III. 1. injured 2. Flying 3. Having seen 4. Hearing 5. hearing; falling 6. having 7. losing 8. Having been caught 9. followed 10. moved 11. Given 12. asked 13. caught 14. Judging 15. exciting; excited 16. disappointment 17. to be seen 18. begun 19. known 20. Being exposed 21. bought 22. waiting 23. completed 24. to settle 25. having 26. To sleep 27. admit 28. helping 29. to clean 30. hoping 31. Founded 32. hanging 33. speaking 34. treating 35. to lift 36. to change 37. To catch 38. To tell 39. order 40. (to) repair 41. warned 42. understood 43. swimming 44. mending/to be mended 45. causing 46. to hold 47. being repaired 48. trained 49. running 50. frightened
IV. A. (1)being held (2) attending (3)discussed (4)to be discussed
B. (1)rising (2) rise (3) playing (4)beaten (5)to stop (6)beaten (7)not to leave
No other band has had the same influence in the world as the Beatles. Over eight years and more than a dozen albums, four young men from Liverpool, England—John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Star changed popular music and culture forever.
People in the UK became crazy about the Beatles in late 1963. The phenomenon (现象) was called "Beatlemania" by the British press. The term referred to the young women seen screaming at the band's concerts. Beatlemania came to North America in early 1964, and the band's popularity spread across much of the world.
Within five years, the Beatles' music changed greatly from their simple early hits (热门单曲) like She Loves You and I Want to Hold Your Hand.
The band wrote their own songs, explored new ways to create music and struggled for high quality in every album which came out.
However, the press criticized the band as symbols of the 1960s youth culture, which celebrated freedom from traditional family roles.
In 1970, Paul McCartney announced he was leaving the Beatles. And the group quietly came to an end. In the 1970s, fans hoped for a reunion, but the group decided to follow their own careers with different degrees of success. Fans lost hope with a tragedy (悲剧); John Lennon was murdered in New York in 1980.
1. From the passage, we can see that .
A. the Beatles had a great effect B. the Beatles soon came to an end
C. the press praised the Beatles greatly D. the press attended the concert
2. According to the passage, the Beatles’ band was made up of people.
A. three B. four C. five D. six
3. The topic the Beatles referred to is about .
A. music and freedom B. freedom and culture
C. music and culture D. culture and tragedy
4. The last paragraph is mainly about .
A. fans’ hope B. fans’ success C. the bands’ success D. the band’s end
（适用于人教新课标版 必修二 Unit 5）
参考答案： 1—4 ABCD
江苏 张利民 供稿
How to make your T-shirt special?
Summer is coming. That means a world of colorful T-shirts. Everyone likes T-shirts: They're easy to wear, and they make you look young and lively.
How to make your T-shirt special?
Pan Chen, 14, a student of Dalian No 13 Middle School, has some creative ideas. "I want to cut the collar (领子) into the shape of a star, and add lace (蕾丝) to the sleeves (袖子)," she said, "and the T-shirt will go down to my knees."
She will paint the back and front in two very different colors. Pan wants a picture of a fantasy Ferrari (法拉利) car on the shirt.
Like Pan, Lu Runqiu, a girl of Shanghai Yaoliansheng Middle School wants to use her T-shirt to show her individuality (个性) and creativity. She wants red hearts on each shoulder and a violin with a staff (五线谱) of red lines as the picture.
"My T-shirt shows my love for music," she said.
Different from the two girls, Jeff Shen, a 15-year-old Beijing boy, likes the idea of "being yourself". He wants to put himself on his T-shirt, in black and white.
"I will draw myself in cartoon," he said. "But you will still be able to see it's me and no one will be able to copy it."
1. The passage tells us that .
A. summer is different from the other seasons in a year
B. three students have their different ideas about T-shirts
C. summer can show different individuality and creativity
D. students can wear colorful clothes to show their difference
2. Who uses a T-shirt to show creativity?
A. The author. B. Pan Chen. C. Lu Runqiu. D. Both B and C.
3. The underlined word “it” refers to .
A. the author B. music C. cartoon D. Jeff Shen’s T-shirt
（适用于北师大版模块二 Unit 6）
吉林 梁立群 供稿
The power of nature
My job is to travel to unusual places and meet interesting people from all over the world. I use 1 (science) instruments in my work and meet with local people and tourists, and I am never 2 （bore）. As a 3 (火山学家), I collect information about Mount Kilauea. My job is 4 (occasion) dangerous; I don’t mind because danger 5 (interest) me and makes me feel alive. As is known, when lava from the volcano flows, many houses will be covered with lava or 6 burnt to the ground. All the lava 7 (pass) slowly down the mountain causes more damage because it buries everything in its path under the molten rock. I once experienced an 8 (火山爆发). When it occurred, red lava was _9___ (喷) hundreds of metres into the air, and it was an _____10______(absolute) fantastic sight.
（适用于人教新课标版 选修六 Unit 5）
参考答案：1. scientific 2. bored 3. vocanolist 4. occasionally 5. interests 6. be 7. passing 8. eruption 9. fountained 10. absolutely